Wednesday 8 February 2012

Refreshing the hearts of the saints

I don't know if it's just me, but there seems to be a heaviness abroad at present. Whether it's the falling away within the church which seems to increase apace, or whether it's uprisings in the Middle East, persecution of brothers and sisters worldwide, or whether it's simply events closer to home within family, or whether it is the sin in my own heart, I feel a heaviness. 

One thing I do know. The encouragement of my sisters in the Lord has been a prized pearl of late.

Knowing we have been bought by the precious blood of the Lamb and brought into His family through no merit of our own but purely for the purposes of His own Good Pleasure and for His Glory's sake sets these friendships in a class of their own. Knowing these friends set their hearts on pleasing Him and want to walk worthily of the calling they have received makes me want to emulate their example. But it's knowing that we're holding out our hands for one another, reaching together for His hands, that gives these friendships the power that they have - even though in some cases they are an ocean away.

In Jeremiah 31:25 God says "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint". More often than not, it seems to me He fulfils this through His people. In the words of Paul to Philemon: "Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints." (Philemon 1:7).

To all the Philemon's I have been blessed with, I love you.





10 comments:

  1. My dear sister and friend,

    I love you SO MUCH! I give thanks for you to our Heavenly Father, for you have been a special gift to me.

    Hugs and more hugs for you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gift is all mine, Becky, for you are one of those I try to emulate. Love and hugs ♥

      Delete
  2. Love you so much my Sister! I am so thankful for your friendship, and I look forward to spending eternity worshiping our Lord and Savior together. God is so good! Love and blessings to you my precious mate! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, sweet T! And whilst I do look forward to spending eternity with you, seeing you in person again this side of eternity will also be a sweet sweet blessing from God ♥

      Delete
  3. Diana, You have been such a blessing to me my sweet friend. You are not "just another blogger" to me.- you are precious. You have taught me a very valuable lesson in my new ministry to the women in my local church family. You have taught me how to communicate better - (or at least I hope). And you've taught me how to really "listen" with my heart to a true sister in Christ because we are all pilgrims walking together towards Heaven. Am I making any sense? Maybe some day we'll get to come to England too to see you.
    XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Diane, I am so thankful to have your steadying influence in my life! Yes, you make perfect sense, and I dearly love you and wouldn't it be awesome to meet up one day, maybe here, maybe across the pond ♥ Bless you.

      Delete
  4. I too thank God for you! And I'm so happy that Teresa is able to visit you!! Grace and much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, Petra, God bless you sister! Hugs to you and Rick ♥

      Delete